Staff Accountant | Office Manager
|Description:||The ExactHire Staff Accountant & Office Manager reports directly to the Chief Visionary Officer and has sole responsibility for handling accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoice generation and regular financial statement preparation. The position also has responsibility for general office management duties for ExactHire - a company that offers technology solutions for hiring processes. ExactHire’s applications include web-based Applicant Tracking Software (ATS), Employee Onboarding Software, and Employee Assessment tools.|
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling all accounting-related duties in a small business environment, and capable of wearing many hats. Able to work with little or no supervision, the Staff Accountant & Office Manager must be self-directed, dependable, highly organized, able to multi-task, and proficient in MS Excel and QuickBooks software. Proficiency in Google Docs applications is also preferred. Professionalism, a sense of urgency and the desire to help others are all important traits in this integral position.
While this position is allocated to ExactHire (EH), we do share an office suite with another organization, Human Capital Concepts (HCC), and some of the office management duties may involve this organization, as well.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable; billing set-up - (50%)
- Accounts Payable - Office operating invoices
- Review and execute payroll approval through web-based system
- Process employee expense reports
- Accounts Receivable - receipt of payments through mail, ACH transactions and Credit Card transactions
- Invoicing of clients - memorized monthly and/or quarterly transactions; most notices sent via email
- Communicate with Sales (on pricing) and Client Services (on new client set-up/invoicing), as necessary, to account for any special payment situations for clients.
- Set up new clients and referral partners in Quickbooks - memorized billing transactions, anniversary dates recorded
- Office management (for both EH & HCC) - (20%)
- Facility management for office suite - liaison to property management representatives, coordinator of maintenance requests and special services for office such as lighting, cleaning, equipment service calls, etc.
- Monitor and replenish office and kitchen supplies for suite
- Administrator for Google Docs & Gmail account
- Manage and respond to periodic renewal deadlines
- State of Indiana business renewal
- Website domains and SSL certificates
- Insurance license renewal
- Computer warranties and anti-virus software
- Various association memberships and subscriptions
- Financial statements, prepared thru Quickbooks, weekly, monthly & annually - (15%)
- Various reports shared with select office personnel on weekly basis via Google Docs and/or Excel
- Miscellaneous duties - (15%)
- Banking, including bank reconciliations
- Handle payment of commissions for referral partners
- Review inventory and calculate COGS for employee assessments
- Prepare information for tax accountant to file return
- Review client anniversary dates to determine when a fee adjustment is appropriate
- Track significant dates for clients, such as anniversaries of doing business and contact birthdays
- Assist in the fulfillment of seasonal client recognition efforts, as necessary
- Make travel arrangements for executive staff members
- General filing
- Participate in ExactHire initiatives that advance products, services and the company overall - (Infrequent, as necessary)
- Participate in group meetings and/or brainstorming sessions as necessary
- Discuss relevant information about client questions, concerns and/or opportunities with Sales and Client Services in order to work together to improve client experience; expect the same courtesy from teammates
- Other job-related duties as assigned by manager.
- Time management - effectively juggles the many different accounting- and/or office management-related tasks going on any given week
- Self-discipline - strong commitment to personal improvement without the need for micromanagement; the Staff Accountant & Office Manager is quite independent and must stay organized to prioritize requests
- Process-orientation - constant effort to find better ways of doing things by setting up standards for how to consistently and efficiently re-create optimal results in everyday situations.
- Flexibility - quick to embrace and/or lead change, when appropriate, to drive efficiency in office and/or financial management
- Heroic customer service - Internal - provide exceptional internal customer service by responding to ExactHire teammates in a prompt manner with requested information; External - respond to clients’ financial inquiries in a timely and helpful manner; don’t over promise and under deliver
- Personable and friendly
Skills & Attributes
- Proficiency in Quickbooks (we use 2012 version)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Google Docs preferred
- Quick capacity for learning
- Adept at using technology to gain efficiencies; willingness to self-teach by utilizing training resources provided via documentation and web video, as well as self-exploration
- Organized and able to multi-task
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in accounting-related field
- Previous accounting experience with full financial statement responsibility
The Staff Accountant & Office Manager is a fairly regular user of different applications. The preferred candidate will enjoy learning about and exploring technology. Here is a list of the platforms with which this position interfaces:
- Google Docs and Gmail-based email
- MS Office - Excel
- MS Office - Word, PowerPoint
- SalesForce CRM (record of client contacts)
- Formstack (online web forms - used internally by staff to make invoice requests for client billing)
- Various employee assessment portals (sometimes accessed to reconcile purchased meter inventory levels)
- Office environment
- Almost all of this position’s time is spent carrying out duties at desk.
- Occasional travel to local Indianapolis-area banks, post office and/or office supply outlets to deposit checks, handle special mail requests and purchase office supplies.
For more information about the expectations for this role and the company culture of ExactHire, please download our Staff Accountant & Office Manager Job Success Factors Summary document.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.